Men are particularly bad at opening up about health issues, especially when it comes to our pen1s. Often, a source of embarrassment can be a simple lack of knowledge. Fortunately, the male system is quite easy to understand. Understanding it can with proper penis health care.
Furthermore, the penis is the body part that men arguably value the most. Because of this, you owe your penis proper health care to always keep it clean, healthy and fit for purpose. Give it the care it deserves and you may not be the only one to benefit; your partner will probably be grateful too.
Additionally, the genital area has many sebaceous and apocrine glands, which make oil and sweat. It’s also an area that can get overheated under layers of clothes and underwear. All of these can lead to bacterial growth that can cause some intense smells.
Moreover, if you don’t wash underneath the foreskin correctly, a cheesy-looking substance called smegma may begin to gather. Smegma is a natural lubricant that keeps the pen moist. It’s found on the head of the pen1s and under the foreskin. If smegma builds up in the foreskin, it can start to smell, stop you easily pulling your foreskin back, and become a breeding ground for bacteria.
However, it’s a sensitive subject talking about the pen1s. It’s not something you’re going to ask just anyone about. If you’re wondering the best ways to battle irritation and foul odors, then read on.
How to ensure proper penis health care
- Use a mild soap. Ensure that you use soap that won’t irritate your pen1s. Opt for a soap or body wash that is mild and fragrance-free. Whether you’re using a wash cloth or just a good fashioned palm, a little bit of lather over the entire area is all that’s required to clean your command center.
- Shower regularly. If you exercise or engage in activities that make you sweat, make sure you shower. Sweat is not bad but just that, it makes the area moist and grows the bacteria.
- After a shower, you should make sure you’re dry down there before you put on your undergarments. Don’t wear loose-fitting boxers, put on underwear that will absorb moisture during the day.
- Shave or trim regularly. Keeping the pubic area neat and tidy is a good way to stay smelling fresh. Pubic hair increases the likelihood of staying heated and it traps in moisture and odors.
- Get tested. Another source of a strong negative odor coming off your pen1s could be STIs. To be on the safe side, you should test for diseases every six months or when you notice symptoms of a disease.
Additional pen1s care tips if you are uncircumcised
- Choose a mild soap. Many soaps contain perfumes that may irritate sensitive skin, and some contain cleaning agents too harsh for use on the genitals.
- Shower as you normally would, washing all over with warm water and the mild, unscented soap you’ve chosen.
- Lather up your choice of mild, unscented soap between your hands, and apply it to the testicles and shaft of the pen1s. However, remember to wash under the foreskin.
- Gently pull the foreskin back as far as it will go. Do not force the foreskin past its natural point, as this may damage the pen1s. Apply soap under the foreskin, and thoroughly rinse away all the soap and any debris that may have collected. Return the foreskin back to its natural position.
- Thoroughly dry the pen1s after showering. If you use talc or body powder on your t*sticles, resist the urge to powder the pen1s. Because, if talc gets under the foreskin, it can cause irritation and discomfort.