We understand that getting pregnant is one of the world’s most beautiful feelings and so is intimacy with your partner. Whether you are trying to conceive or whether you want to put it on buffer for now, knowing your ovulation period can help you do both.
When you have s3x during the non-ovulating and low risk days of the month, the chances of pregnancy are fairly low. However, most females don’t understand this because of much heavy grammar used to teach it. Every woman has to listen to her body. Start listening to your body for these signs and confirm.
Menstrual period: The time blood flows out of your private area, when you use pad.
Menstrual cycle: Days it takes to see another blood in the month. If you last saw your period in June 11th and it started again on July 10th 2018, then you have 30days cycle (count from 11 June to 10 July).
However, it is erroneous to believe its 28days cycle, different women have different cycles ranging from 21-35 days.
How Many Days After Your Period Does Ovulation Occurs?
Ovulation is the release of an egg from the ovary. Usually occurs approximately 14 days prior to the next period. Count the number of days from the first day of your period to the day before you next period to determine the length of your cycle. Then subtract that number by 14 to determine what day after your period you will ovulate. If your average menstrual cycle is 30 days, you will ovulate 16 days after your period starts (30-14=16). Ovulation period is time to get pregnant without stress.
Here’s a simple way to calculate your ovulation (unsafe) period.
1. From the first day you see the blood of your period.
2. Pick up a calendar and count 15 days including the first day of the blood stain.
3. Mark the 15th day with a pen.
4. Mark 3 days before the 15th day, and mark 3 days after the 15th day.
6. You will notice you have 7 days marked.
These 7 days are your ovulation/fertile days also known as unsafe period.
That is if you have sex on any of these days, then you have 98% chances of being pregnant.
7. Do this every month diligently
Determining Your Safe Period
1. If your period is 11th July, 2018,
2. 15 days after the first day of the blood stain will be on 25th of this July too (2weeks after) counting from 11th.
3. 15th day is on the 25th July 2017.
4. 3days before the 15th day is 22, 23, 24.
5. 3days after 25th July 2017 is 26,27,28.
6. 22-28th July (7days) is when you are ovulating. It is your fertile period.
Don’t forget that the 7 days is a reminder that sperm stays in the female body for about 7 days. Any sexual contact in between ovulation period will form something that has ears, eyes, etc.
Also, if you want a baby girl, have sex between 3 days before ovulation (22- 24th) 2018.
For a baby boy on the main ovulation day and 3 days after 25th.
Major Signs Of Ovulation
You don’t need a doctor, just relax. After 2 weeks you may feel the following:
2. High body temperature.
4. Breast tenderness/ size increases just like when you are menstruating.
5. Increased sex drive.
6. Light cramps or pain on one side of the pelvis.
7. Abdominal bloating.
8. Heightened sense of smell, taste or vision (you eat more).
9. Vagina mucus becomes slippery (if you notice, put it in between fingers…it stretches like thick catarrh or snail mucus…colorless like egg white.
How long do I ovulate?
Ideally, ovulation lasts for about 12 to 24 hours. Once your ovary releases an egg, it stays in your body for about 12 to 24 hours. After that, it dissolves or dies if it is not fertilized by a sperm. This leads to shedding of the uterine lining, leading to menstruation two weeks later.
However, this does not mean that you can only get pregnant during this one-day window. A sperm is known to stay in the woman’s body for up to five days. So, if you have unprotected sex during the six-day window which includes five days prior to the ovulation day and the ovulation day, chances are you can get pregnant.