Few things turn heads quite fast such as a round killer butt. Are you looking to fill out your favorite jeans with a firm round butt? But we all know everyone is blessed with different body types. Some may think of their derriere as a blessing, while others would rather say their rear is a curse! So many of us both guys and gals want to know how to get our best butts ever.
However, building a bigger butt is easy to do when you have the right guide. Also, it is fun when you understand the process. Once you know what to do, you just gotta put in the work. But also bear in mind that, it’s not going to be easy.
Besides, your glutes are the largest and most powerful muscle group in the body. Not only will a toned derriere make you feel confident, but a firm, strong backside will help you in your everyday movements as well. In this guide, you’re going to learn exactly how to build a bigger butt with a handful of simple exercises.
Ready for the best butt exercises ever? Here we go!
Single leg step-up
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand up straight
- Place your left foot on the platform and step up
- Push through the heel and step down by placing the foot of your right leg on the platform.
- Make sure to squeeze your glute and pause for 1 second at the top.
- Return to the original standing position.
- On all fours, lift your right arm up while simultaneously kicking the left leg back.
- Keep the rear leg parallel to the floor lifting from the inner thigh.
- With your spine neutral hold for 60 seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Do 3 sets of 15.
Deadlifts are excellent for your butt and lower back, but form is critical!
- Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart and your weights in front of thighs (bar or dumbbells).
- Keep your back flat and abs in.
- Bend forward from the hips and lower your torso until your weights reach your shins.
- Squeeze your butt to raise back up.
- Remember to keep your weights (bar) close to your legs throughout the entire range of motion, with just the slightest bend in the knees.
- Make sure that you don’t hyper extend your knees. Do 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
It is one of the best butt workouts. But keep in mind you might experience more soreness in your glutes than any of the other exercises.
- With your feet straight and shoulder-width apart, hold a pair of dumbbells and your hands are by your side.
- Maintain a straight back and step forward with your right leg. Always ensure your ankle is ahead of your knee to avoid too much tension on your knee tendons.
- You should feel the stretch in your butt. Shorter strides will focus more on your legs, so aim for wider strides so as to hit the butt muscles.
- Next, push yourself off with the heel of the extended right leg to get back in the starting position.
- Repeat this with your left leg to complete one rep.
- Complete this exercise for 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions. Balancing your weight may be an issue for beginners but it becomes much easier with practice.