Exercise is the systematic exertion of the body and mind for a healthy state and strength. The goal for exercise is to provide an effective and efficient method of fitness, protect against injuries and over exertion, and maintain interest and continued participation.
The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercises, regardless of age, s3x or physical ability.
Benefits of exercise on the body
Need more motivation? Check out the following ways physical activity can lead to a happier, healthier you.
- Exercises reduce the amount of acid that is produced by the stomach which reduces the incidence of dyspepsia.
- Peristaltic movement increases due to the massaging effect on the large intestines and so constipation is reduced or avoided.
- During exercises, the heart rate increases and this enhances the circulation of more blood to every organ. This in effect gives more nourishment to the body and also removes waste products.
- Respiration is deeper and faster during exercises. This encourages full expansion of the chest to promote effective interchange of gases. The lungs are also able to process more oxygen with less effort.
- Regular physical activity burns excess body fat and helps maintain normal body weight. In addition the increased metabolic rate produced by exercise persists several hours after the activity. The body therefore continues to use more calories than usual even after the physical activity has stopped.
- Also, you may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, a number of types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise and physical activity can be enjoyable. It gives you a chance to unwind, enjoy the outdoors or simply engage in activities that make you happy. Physical activity can also help you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting.